Friday, August 27, 2010

This one is pretty disgusting.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Monday, August 2, 2010

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Umm, did I mention everyone will be holding guns in every picture I make from now on?

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I've made a mid-year resolution to create 1 sketch a day for a year. These will be experiments ranging from half an hour to 2 or 3 hours, depending on time and ambition. I can use the practice!

Here's today's.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

more from below....

Random character sketches and concepts for a resurrected project. Some of these were completed a while ago.

An illustration completed for the vinyl addition of The Archandroid


Here's a small fraction of work I did for Janelle MonĂ¡e's Archandroid album. The crown and armor was sketched out roughly by me, and then built by Hollywood prop-maker Jessee Clarkson out in L.A. I believe he infused some elegance to the design. The gown was fabricated by Jeff Gillies in Atlanta based on these sketches.

The final crown was pushed more towards a gold 'regal' look throughout the process, reflected in the final product (as opposed to the sketches). Also, the album cover image of the crown and armor was a composite, using photos taken of Janelle in costume by Andrew Zaeh, and pumping it up with additional details and lights. The earrings were painted on.

I should mention that the blast shield is just me nerding out the concept. Needless to say it was never seriously considered.

Friday, July 9, 2010

This matte painting project was created in moveable layers and animated in 2.5D with a slow camera move. The waterfalls were animated and some birds were thrown into the mix for good measure. It's amazing what the camera move adds to credibility...and our instructor for the class was awesome. I'll post that version along with the shot plan soon.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Red Riding Hood...

A project for class where we had to re-imagine characters for The Little Red Riding Hood.

I imagined her skating around a creepy town at night, pulling sick tricks on her board while blowing away werewolves.

Thought it would make a cool video game.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010


Conclusion of the project below...with the 'elements' added back in for some life to the image.:)

matte painting process...

Took a matte painting course which I loved.This is one of the projects charted from beginning to end, where the requirement was an extension of an existing urban scene. Maybe a bit on the boring side to look at, but it was fun to do.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Monday, February 1, 2010

concept sketch...

This was irrelevant when I produced it a while back, but it's ended up being assimilated into a current project in development (for now!).

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Friday, January 29, 2010


In the spirit of the last post...

Here are a selection of beat boards I completed for Janelle Monae's Many Moons video, which I'm sure I can safely post. This treatment was discarded because of budgetary reasons, and I only did a few for what would eventually be the finished product, which you can see here.

batman color script images...

From a class project. We storyboarded an entire sequence from the animated series..then took 6 random panels and added color.

some quickies...